Job Title: Driver & Recycling collections team member
Part time: 22.5 hours 3 days a week at 7.5 hours a day
Permanent position: 3 month probationary period
Rate of Pay / Holiday: £9.30 per hour, 17 days pro rata
Employer: Leeds Wood Recycling CIC Application
Deadline: 26th June 2020 Interview w/c: 29th June 2020
Application with covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeds Wood Recycling are recruiting! We are looking for a motivated, friendly individual to join our collections team. The role involves driving to local businesses and building sites collecting waste wood. The candidate will be responsible for identifying the different types of reusable timber and transporting it back to LWR and Waste Transfer sites for recycling.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for the environment and enjoys being part of a team. This position involves working directly with volunteers from a variety of backgrounds who are looking to support their community and gain skills and employment experience.
The work is physical, and involves sharing a van with staff / volunteers. Full PPE provided.
- Organise and complete daily collections of timber from building sites and other organisations offering a high standard of service to all our customers.
- Problem-solve schedule changes and assist in the smooth running of the business deliveries/collections on the phone when necessary
Sort and identify reusable wood waste from collections, working to reduce the amount of wood that gets chipped by supporting the key aims of ‘reuse’ and ‘repurpose’ set out by Leeds Wood Recycling’s ethos.
- Navigate around the West Yorkshire area (Sat Nav supplied) liaise with customers to problem-solve navigation issues.
Deliver customer orders
- Maintain a high level of friendly communication to customers and volunteers by motivating, supervising volunteers and other staff members who go on collections with you.
• Complete the compulsory Health & Safety training and ensure high standards of H&S are maintained by yourself and those working with you. (Full training given)
• Use computer systems associated with LWR waste collection; Google calender, Waste transfer note system and Tinit. (Full training given) Keep all paperwork in good order and ensure collections are entered into online systems each day.
• Support the workshop and warehouse with preparing timber for sale at our premises, cutting, de-nailing, stacking.
• Use hand and some power tools (Full training given)
• Keep the yard /storage areas clean, tidy and in good order.
• Help maintain the Leeds Wood Recycling Van.
- A positive problem-solving attitude is a must, as we are looking for someone who can support the business’ logistics and aspirations to help people and the environment
Full Clean Driving licence
- Must be over 25 (for insurance purposes)
A positive friendly attitude
- DBS checks will be carried out upon successful application of the position.
- A CSCS card or Health and Safety equivalent
A HGV licence
A local knowledge of Leeds and West Yorkshire
- Experience of delivery driving/ working on building sites
LWR is an inclusive employer and we welcome all eligible candidates to apply. LWR Collections Van Driver PDF job description